Completing an application can seem like a daunting process however, the forms are designed to guide you through the process with ease. A few points to remember when completing the form:
- Ensure you complete the form in full.
- State a start date that you would like to move in – if you are not sure, write ‘2 weeks after approval’ or insert the availability date as per the internet write up.
- Follow the instructions regarding the ID required – remember that as much information that you are able to provide us as possible, ensures that we are giving the owner the full picture and makes the decision process a lot easier for the owners
- Income – agents are primarily there to ensure you a) look after the property and b) you can afford to pay the rent – we are not being nosy when we ask questions like ‘do you have any savings’, ‘do you receive any other form of income’, ‘can a family member act as guarantor’ – if you have a good application but the affordability is not quite there, we will suggest a few different ways to assist you in being the successful applicant
- Guarantor – if we do suggest a guarantor for your application, they must complete an application form and ID, exactly the same process as you, and they will be named on the lease
- We can never have too much ID. The more open you are with us, the more it helps your application.
- TICA – if you have been listed on TICA before, generally owners will not accept your application as this can affect their insurance
- Pets – please ensure you disclose if any pets will be living in the property, we will find out if they have been kept at the property without permission
- On approval, you will be rquested to attend a sign up appointment within 24 hours of being advised – please ensure your work colleagues are aware that you will be required to have some time off/extended lunch break to attend
- At the sign up appointment, the minimum that we are able to accept when signing the documents is 2 weeks rent – the 4 weeks bond is then required prior to collecting the keys
- Initial payment of 2 weeks rent and 4 weeks bond – by bank cheque or money order. This is to ensure we receive cleared funds prior to handing the keys over to you
- Lastly, full disclosure of who will be living at the property is vital! Anyone over the age of 18 must complete an application with the relevant ID, whether they are going on the lease or just an approved applicant